Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Light and Refreshing- 2011 Grazioso Organic Torrontes | Wine and ...

Every time I sip a Torrontes, I wonder why I don’t have a case of it around at all times.  Generally a melody of wonderful, refreshing flavors, I can see why it is gaining popularity in the US.  The Torrontes grape is the most widely planted white grape in Argentina and it thrives in Mendoza’s warm days and cool nights.  Last weekend, I uncorked a bottle of 2011 Grazioso Organic Torrontes and it was the perfect wine for the warm afternoon I was enjoying.

About the Wine- From the Winery

2011 Grazioso Organic Torrontes is 100% Torrontes from the Mendoza region of Argentina.  It has 13.5% alcohol and retails for $9.99.  For more information visit www.marquee.com

Now the Fun Part- Tasting the Wine

Grazioso’s Torrontes pours a pale straw color in the glass.  I was intrigued by its tropical nose full of aromas of sweet melon, lychee, and citrus fruits.  The palate was light and fruity with bright flavors of pineapple, tangy lemon, and peach.  An overall enjoyable wine and great value that will take your palate to a warm paradise with its tropical fruit melody. 

My Wine Rating- B

Food Pairing Suggestions- Pairs nicely with goat’s milk brie, a seafood salad, or mahi mahi with mango salsa

*This wine was sent to me as a media sample

0 comments:

Post a Comment