Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Hey Guys, New To The Forum. Quick Question. | Hookah Kings Blog

First off, just wanted to say hi, there's a lot of great info here and I look forward to digging through it.

I'm having a bit of an issue with my Mya econo gelato (1 hose) and for the life of me I can't figure out what's causing it. Right off the bat the smoke is harsh and VERY thin, nowhere even approaching what I'd consider a cloud. I'm using the standard gelato hookah and bowl, packing it lightly with starbuzz sweet melon (which doesn't get harsh in my KM), 1 33mm holland quicklight, and 2 layers of regular foil. I light the coal and wait for it to get gray all over then I place it on the edge of the bowl with almost half of it hanging off. I'll give it a minute to heat up but when I give it a draw to see how it's doing, if I get the slightest whisp of smoke, it's harsh. I don't understand why, I'll rotate it to a fresh spot and then there will be no smoke but as soon as it starts smoking again the harshness it back.

Any ideas? I've never experienced jumping straight from no smoke to harsh burnt smoke (still with no clouds) and I feel I'm adding the heat pretty slowly. I don't dare use a windcover as that'll turn it into harshcity.

HELP!!! lol, I have the KM at home and that thing is great, but I like to take this hookah to parties and things like that and crappy smoke is just plain embarrassing.

Thanks in advance guys,
-Richard

0 comments:

Post a Comment