Sunday, April 8, 2012

Kinky Kinetik: Product Review - Be Beautiful

Hey Kinkies.  So, I'm back with another review.  I tried to do a video one of this review; however, I lost my patience in doing so.  So, back to writing...


Anyways, I've been giving another great opportunity to review some natural hair products.  This time I'm reviewing two products from their line Be Beautiful.


What's In Be Beautiful's Products?

Coco Delight Curl Cream: Raw cocoa butter, eucalyptus oil, rosemary, essential oil blend, coconut oil, and fragrance.

Hair Replenisher: Essential oil blend, aloe vera, and coconut oil.

Of note, the ingredients on the website differ from what is on the labels of the products that were sent to me.  The ingredients listed above are as per the labels of the products that were sent to me.  

What's your first impression of Be Beautiful's Kinky?  I have to first comment on the scents.  I, like other natural beauties, love to smell good... and that's from HAIR to toe!  The Hair Replenisher was scented Sweet Melon Berry.  It reminded me of Starburst candy.  It smelled really good... just think of honeydew melon and strawberries.  The Curl Cream was scented Cool Coconut-Peppermint; however, I smelled more of mint and cocoa butter than coconut oil.  Not that it is a bad thing, I just want you all to know what to expect.

This review was done solely on my hair as I was not sent enough product to do on me and my daughter's hair as I usually use the product(s) for at least a week before writing a review.  I shampooed with an Ayurvedic shampoo bar and while my hair was wet, I sprayed on the Hair Replenisher.  For styling/twisting, I used the Curl Cream.

All in all, both  products were okay.  To ensure that my hair was getting enough moisture, I did also spritz water on my hair along with the Hair Replenisher as it didn't really moisten my hair.  In all honestly, I would not fully expect it to moisturize a great deal, given that water is not the first ingredient.

The one thing that I did notice about the Curl Cream is that it leaves a residue on your hands.  Usually when I do my hair, I may rub the excess product into my legs or arms, with this, I didn't... I couldn't.  It felt a bit greasy, yet sticky, on my hands and when I went to wash my hands with my Castile soap, the cream created a barrier, locking moisture in and apparently out (I had the beads of water on my hands).  I bring this up to say that the few times I washed my hands to rid it of the product, I wondered the impact that it was having on my hair.  Was it also creating a barrier on my tresses?  

Anyways, I must say that I loved my twist out, even with a bit of frizz on the ends... it was just something about it (perhaps the fact that I did corn twists and my hair had extra volume to it).  My hair was soft and bouncy.  I was thoroughly enjoying it , that is up until my pineappling went wrong AGAIN and I had to put it in a puff!

My silly picture below should read: you expect ME to pineapple... and be successful?

  I decided to rock a funky picture to work... before I ended up having to wear a puff

While I can't really say that I will use these two products again, there are two of her products that I love to try.  If I do get a chance to try the scalp massage bars and pomade, I will do a review of them.


Where to buy: Be Beautiful
Feel free to also check me out on Facebook, Kinky Kinetik and on Twitter, Tweet Kinky.

 ~Keep it Kinky~ 

Disclaimer: I was sent this product for the purpose of a review and I was NOT paid to do this review. The above review/opinions expressed was based on MY experience using the product. Kinky Kinetik is not affiliated with Be Beautiful and is thereby not responsible for your experience with the product.

0 comments:

Post a Comment