Sunday, April 8, 2012

Scent whims - Excolo: Yemaya

Lady of the Ocean, Queen of Mothers, Mother of the Children of the Fishes. She is the River of Life, the ocean is her womb, and she is the mother of many of the Orishas. ... Her ofrenda is a bounty of melons and grapes, strewn with the petals of the flowers of motherhood, draped with sea mosses.


In imp: sweet melon candy! Yummy.

Wet on skin: sweet, ripe melon that's very candy-like. A simple, uncomplicated scent, with a tropical feel.

Dry: this doesn't morph at all. This is playful, bright, fruity melon, straight up. The aquatic vibe is stronger when dry then when in the imp or wet on my skin, but checked and doesn't overwhelm the melon, just provides an interesting tropical backdrop.

Verdict: this was one of my early keepers! I've since discovered that any fruity blends I have, no matter how I love smelling them, I hardly ever wear, and this was certainly one of the fruitiest.

0 comments:

Post a Comment