Thursday, February 16, 2012

InkspiredTreasures.com Blog Archive CCMC-189 Gnome Sweet ...

Feb 16 2012

We have a color challenge for you to try over on Create with Connie and Mary this week!  It is nice and BRIGHT for these dreary winter days!  We're using Melon Mambo, Chocolate Chip and Lucky Limeade!

I must admit…I wasn't too sure about the Gnome Sweet Gnome set when I first got it FREE for a Stampin' Up! incentive that I participated in.  But…it is really growing on me!  They are completely adorable (and if you are a subscriber to the Create with Connie and Mary Occasions Edition, you saw Carrie Gaskin's DARLING project made with this set!)  Hint, hint…it's not too late to join and you can see it, too!!!  But, anyway, I did have fun water coloring this little guy!

I stamped him in Black Stazon on Whisper White and then used my Stampin' Write Markers in Chocolate Chip, Lucky Limeade and Melon Mambo and the AquaPainter to color him, the frog and the lantern.  I cut the pennant shape at the bottom and then punched the Designer Label punch from Melon Mambo, folded it in half and added a trio of flowers from the Boho Blossoms Punch with a green Mini Brad for the top.  The base card is Chocolate Chip and I added the Melon Mambo pattern from the hostess package, Cheerful Treat Designer Paper.   I cut a strip of Lucky Limeade and ran it thru the Big Shot with the Houndstooth folder.

Finally, I added the greeting, except I didn't like the word "lawn" so I covered it up with a Small Heart punch of Melon Mambo with a Pearl in it!

Make sure to check out what the rest of the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge team did this week over on Create with Connie and Mary.  Some really darling ideas this week!


0 comments:

Post a Comment